Paytm is one of the largest used website for doing online recharges in India.
I have been using Paytm for more than 6 months, hence just decided to write review on them.
This Paytm review is my personal experience with them while making online prepaid recharges from their website.
There are many online recharges websites in India like Freerechrge.in, Paytm.com, MobiWik.com, etc.
Good things about Paytm:
- Clean and Simple website design.
- Paytm uses secured connection using 256-bit SSL certificate from Geotrust
- All Popular Prepaid, Postpaid, DTH and Data Card recharges available.
- Fast website loading on good internet speed.
- Easy registration.
- Free coupons of popular food,shopping,travel websites and local stores like Dominos pizza.
- Multiple payment options (Credit cards, Net banking, Debit cards, Cash cards).
- Toll free mobile recharge.
- Excellent email support.
- WAP site to recharge online for mobile users : m.paytm.com
Bad things about Paytm:
- Limited promo codes which are only available to bank customers.
- Website maintenance 3-5 times a month ,some times during peak hours.
- Limited coupons on website.
Paytm has very clean and neat design with login dropdown on top right corner.
About Paytm Cash:
It is your virtual money for making easy transaction which is stored securely by Paytm.This money can only be used on Paytm.com.
You can add money to your paytm cash by Credit cards, Net banking, Debit cards, Cash cards (Airtel money & ITZ cash card).
After adding money to your paytm cash, you can use it anytime to make recharges or payments.
Few more things I like about them.
Orders status lets you know your all transactions made from their website, where they also provide transaction receipt for each transaction.
One better thing is Repeat Order means: you can the repeat the same order multiple time, which is really fast.
Coupon Code page:
My Support experience with Paytm:
On 31st May 2012, I did a prepaid recharge using net banking which got failed because my internet connectivity got weak during the transaction. My bad luck the connectivity got lost after making payment and before processing of recharge because of this I didn’t got my order number but money was deducted from bank account Hence was unable to tell my transaction to paytm support.
Since my money was deducted I had to do something. So finally ended up sending them an email. I have written the entire conversation below between me and paytm.
I used HDFC net banking, Today- 31 May 2012 6:45 pm, CCA12Exxxxx-Avenues India Ltd ref no: 5311xxxx
Actually the connectivity got lost after doing payment, My payment got deducted but didn’t received the recharge.
The amount was Rs 44 on 977303xxxx.
We have checked your Order history on www.paytm.com. We request you to send us the bank statement in order to resolve this issue as early as possible.
Be assured that your money is safe and either your number will be recharged or we will initiate the refund for the same value.
Thank you for using www.paytm.com.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Here is the attached bank statement (confidential).
In this statement, the last column is the transaction (Rs-44/-) for yesterday’s recharge which was billed.
Ref: 4728 : ( CCA12Exxxxxx-Avenues India Ltd ) – 31/05/2012
My Paytm username: 9022xxxxxx
I hope this will make everything clear.
Lastly, I would like this amount credited as Paytm Balance as I have already made the recharge, Hence would like to use for future use.
Your money has been added into your Paytm Cash balance. You can use this Paytm Cash to pay for your next recharge on Paytm.com.
Paytm Cash is your own money which you can use to make payments on paytm.com without requiring you to enter your bank details on paytm.com all over again.
Should you require any other assistance, please do let us know.
Their support team replied me within 4 hours and my problem was solved within 24 hours. They credited the deducted amount as Paytm cash.
This was really a nice support from them not that fast as expected but still satisfied with the resolution.
Promo codes and Referrals:
They also offer promo codes, but very occasionally. Mainly you will find their coupons for bank customers like ICICI bank, AXIS bank, etc.
How to get paytm promo code or coupons ?
They run different contests from time to time where you can get coupons or gifts.To stay updated Like their Facebook page or Follow them on Twitter.
They also offer referral program which you can share with your friends and can earn some bonuses.
24 x 7 Customer Support:
They don’t have phone support but they are always ready to hear any suggestions, queries and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will reply you very fast.
They will also open a support thread for you.
List of services they provide :
- For mobile top-ups and recharges they support Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone, BSNL, Idea, Reliance GSM/CDMA, Tata Docomo GSM/CDMA, MTNL, MTS, Uninor, Videocon and Virgin GSM/CDMA.
- For postpaid bill payments they support Airtel, BSNL, MTNL, Reliance CDMA, Reliance GSM, Tata Docomo GSM/CDMA and Virgin GSM/CDMA.
- For data card recharges and bill payments: Tata Docomo Photon Whiz,Tata Docomo Photon Plus, Reliance Netconnect+, MTS MBlaze, MTS MBrowse, MTNL and BSNL.
- For DTH recharges they support Tata Sky, Dish TV, Reliance Digital TV, Sun Direct, Videocon d2h and Airtel Digital TV.
There is no doubt about Paytm. They do offer best services. They always keep on bringing new things.
The website was launched in Apr 2011 and had a few mind-blowing months later crossing 1 million registered users in Nov 2011.
This proves how trusted they are! I wish they grow stronger in upcoming years.
Thanks for reading my blog.. 🙂