Why to use kaspersky removal tool when I can uninstall it through control panel. Uninstalling Kaspersky through control may not remove this software completely like DLL files. It may also disturb you in installing other anti virus software’s.
I recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security on my computer which uses Windows 7 64 bit. I was planning to install new anti virus, so I uninstalled it using control panel, the most common method to remove or uninstall any software. I thought it was uninstalled but I was wrong, all files were not removed completely. I tried many other ways to remove it but everything was useless and was not able to install other antivirus software’s.
I started looking for solution online where I came to know about this kaspersky removal tool :). It really worked well and removed all the files completely.
How to use kaspersky removal tool
This issue is commonly found in 64 bit Operating system. This Removal utility enables complete uninstall of the following products mentioned below.
- Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0
- Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for Computer / for File Server
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky PURE (all versions)
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus (all versions)
- Kaspersky Password Manager
- AVP Tool driver
Step by Step instructions
- Save the uninstall utility on your computer: download the archive file kavremover.zip. Unpack the archive (for e.g, using WinZip) OR download the executable file kavremover.exe
- Reboot the computer on safe mode.(May work in normal mode also)
- Run this file kavremover.exe.
- Enter the given code from the picture. If you cannot read the code from the picture, click on the button next to the picture to generate a new code.
- In the Following products were detected section select the required product to be uninstalled.After this Click on the Remove button. If you wish to delete some products, you can delete them separately.
Image courtesy & Reference: http://support.kaspersky.com/1464
Thanks for reading and please let us know if this worked for you or not through below comment section.