Mouth Ulcers are one of the painful things which occur inside mouth (tongue, behind cheeks,lips & gums).Mouth ulcers, also called as canker sores / aphthous ulcers which are small white spots inside the mouth which is usually surrounded by a red ring.
Ulcers generally occurs due to indigestion, acid foods or sometimes genetically. During ulcers it is difficult to talk, chew or drink.
Best way is to keep your stomach clean and healthy with proper food including veggies. Avoid non veg items during ulcers period; If not,it can cause building more ulcers in your mouth.
We will discuss here some of the home remedies for Ulcers in mouth which usually works..:)
11 Home Remedies for Ulcers in Mouth, Tongue and Gum
1. This is the tested method, Please look at your toothpaste and see in the ingredients mentioned on the toothpaste cover. If you find this element “Sodium laureth sulfate” this is included in most of the toothpaste.
Please change using it and look for SLS free toothpaste or use Dant Manjans (ayurvedic tooth powder).
2. Apply salt on the ulcers. It will be painful at the start but it will remain only for minutes.
3. Apply Two drops of tea tree oil, right on the sore ulcer. It relieves the pain immediately and tge antiseptic qualities promote healing. It will stop the sore from getting worse.
4. Drinking buttermilk or applying ghee also helps in soothing ulcers.
5. Applying B-actif comfrey extract has proved in resolving big mouth ulcers. You will find this item at health food store or chemist.
6. Applying honey directly at the sore also helps in relieving ulcers due to its antibacterial property.
7. Eating yogurt is also beneficial which help in speeding the healing process.
8. Chewing 5-6 leaves of holy basil (tulsi) and drink water. This also helps to cure mouth ulcers.
9. Mix a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 tsp glycerine and apply it on the sore. To get relief
10. Peppermint oil is great for quick relief from the pain and Raw onions are also good for ulcers as they contain sulphur. Eat them raw in salads.
11. Gargle with Fresh coconut milk is an excellent method. Do it three or four times a day to keep the mouth clean and ease the pain of an ulcer.
Few more tips :
Consume more Vitamin C and B food items like orange,bananas,tomato,papaya, etc.
Avoid liquor during ulcers.